Monday, April 14, 2008

Spending an evening with my cousins and etc.

My aunt called last week. She works at a florist shop. She is in her 70s and needed me to help babysit grandchildren, my cousins, for the day. They are 1 and 2 years old. It's been a while since I dealt with this age group. It didn't take them long to open up to me and then we had a really good time. The one year old was attached to me in just a few minutes. Her brother was a little different. He needed to watch a video for the next hour before napping.
Late in the afternoon my parents picked me up. Having forgotten about their energy, I was quickly reminded, when I spent the day with them.
My aunt wants me to come back but this time I am goiing to help her with 'Mothers Day' flowers.
I went to church Sunday and had to babysit again for one of the church ladies. The kids were 5 and 7 years old and were none stop chattering away.
To say the least, this has been a very child weary weekend. But, I will definitely miss all of them.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Haha. I know how you feel. For service hours for school once I babysat the kids of the couples in my dad's Crown Financial class at church...
wow. :P lol.

Tina

Megan Renee said...

Hey!I hope you are doing wonderful!
Babysitting kids can be exauhating but it's always fun.ttyl!God Bless!